FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & Covid-19
Manzanita and Northern Oregon Coast Vacation Planning
Due to an influx of Covid-19 and Coronavirus related questions and concerns regarding upcoming travel plans to Manzanita Oregon, the following should be of help. We will continue to be monitored and updated the following information as needed.
It is important to know the facts and to get your news from trusted sources. Social media is not a trusted source for Oregon Coast and Manzanita Beach Covid-19 and Coronavirus information.
Please note that even though the Manzanita Beach is a rural area, we ask that visitors respect the social distancing recommendations (currently 6' distance) when in public as a precautionary measure. Additionally, the City of Manzanita has requested people wear masks when in public,
Below are frequently asked questions. If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We're here to help.
Sorry, there is nothing available for this search
What activities are open in Manzanita and the surrounding areas?
The Manzanita golf course has remained opened with social distancing, as have many of the surrounding golf courses - read more about them here. Manzanita shops will be open soon, as will. others, so stay tuned. Otherwise, our seven mile sand. beach is open for your vacation!
Are the Manzanita restaurants and others in the area open?
- The City of Manzanita and Tillamook County have not yet released their opening plan, but word is it will be similar to the phased Manzanita vacation rental opening plan. Check back for details.
- Good news! Cannon Beach Restaurants and Seaside Restaurants will be opening, with restrictions, on May 15, 2020.
- In the meantime, the following local restaurants are open for take out: Manzanita Coffee Shop, Marzano's Pizza, El Trio Loco, Left Coast Siesta, Manzanita Wild, Neahkahnie Bistro, Sisters & Pete's Coffee and Treats, Mighty Thai, Manzanita Lighthouse, Wanda's, Buttercup, Riverside Fish and Chips, and Rising Star Cafe (opening May 21st).
What's Manzanita Weather Like?
Manzanita weather is better than most expect. Manzanita averages 85 inches of rain per year and averages 135 sunny days per year. Check out our post detailing Manzanita weather.
Are the Oregon beaches open?
- Oregon Beaches are open. In Manzanita and Tillamook County, parking is closed along the beach and beach access is closed until May 29th, 2020. The Oregon State Parks department has closed all state park-managed parking lots and beach accesses. Cities, counties, federal land managers, and businesses who manage accesses may follow suit. For example, the ocean shores within the north and south boundaries of the city of Seaside are closed. If you visit a beach, expect law enforcement patrols.
- The State Parks department has the authority to close the beach temporarily for health reasons. If people don’t get the message that clumping up and overwhelming local areas is a bad idea, the will "have to revisit the decision to leave all beaches open."
- Cities and counties can also ask the state's Office of Emergency Management to close beaches within the city or county boundaries. Local law enforcement is primarily responsible for enforcing the closure. Such closures apply to all visitors, including locals and travelers. Please check before you go.
Is there Manzanita driftwood on Manzanita Beach?
There is a lot of driftwood on Manzanita Beach, but not a lot of Manzanita driftwood. If you're lucky you will spy pieces here and there on the seven mile Manzanita Beach. Manzanita plants (Arctostaphylos sp.) were plentiful in Manzanita Oregon back in the days when the Nehalem Bay area was parceled into lots and marketed in 1912 to prospective land buyers. Today you may find Manzanita bushes dotted throughout the city, in front of The Little Apple Manzanita grocery, the Manzanita library, and a large selection of species in the restored Manzanita cemetery.
Airbnb Oregon Coast - where is the best?
There are many wonderful Airbnbs on the Oregon Coast. Some say that an Airbnb Cannon Beach or Airbnb Manzanita would be the best Airbnb Oregon options. You'll find many Airbnb Seaside Oregon rentals in addition to many other Oregon Coast vacation rentals to choose from.
What is the Manzanita Police Department non-emergency phone number?
The nonemergency phone number for the Manzanita Police Department phone number is (503) 368-7229. Vacationers staying north of Nehalem Road should contact the Oregon Sheriff's Tillamook Office at (503) 842-2561. Call 911 for emergencies.
Where is Manzanita Urgent Care?
Manzanita Urgent Care is located south of Manzanita downtown at 10445 Neahkahnie Creek, Nehalem, Oregon. They may be reached at (503) 368-6244. They are open Monday - Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm and Sunday 10:00am to 4:00pm.
How far Manzanita to Cannon Beach?
The distance of Manzanita to Cannon Beach is 13 miles heading north on Hwy 101 in Oregon.
How far Manzanita to Seaside?
The distance of Manzanita to Seaside is 8.8 miles heading south on Hwy 101 in Oregon.
How far Rockaway Beach to Cannon Beach ?
The distance of Rockaway Beach to Cannon Beach is 26.1 miles heading north on Hwy 101 in Oregon.
Where is Manzanita crabbing?
You will find the best crabbing near Manzanita Oregon is in Nehalem Bay, 4.5 miles east on Hwy 101. Check out Kelly's Brighton Marina for crabbing gear and boat rentals. They'll clean and cook your crabs, too!
What time is Cannon Beach sunset?
You may find daily Cannon Beach sunrise and Cannon Beach sunset times here.
Where is Neahkahnie Beach?
Neahkanie is a community located at the north end of Manzanita Beach and is 85.8 miles west of Portland Oregon, 25 miles south of Seaside Oregon, 13 miles south of Cannon Beach Oregon, and 25 miles north of Tillamook Oregon. The north end of Manzanita Beach recently has been interchangeably referred to as Neahkahnie Beach.
Where is Manzanita Beach?
Manzanita Beach is a seven mile sandy beach 85.8 miles west of Portland Oregon, 25 miles south of Seaside Oregon, 13 miles south of Cannon Beach Oregon, and 25 miles north of Tillamook Oregon.
Where can I find an Airbnb Manzanita?
There are lots of Airbnb Manzanita rentals to choose from, including our oceanfront Airbnb Manzanita rentals - our houses are also on listing sites for guests who prefer to use a favorite vacation rental site. Check out the Airbnb site for their selection of Manzanita rentals.
Where's the best place to stay in Manzanita Oregon?
The best places to stay are The Houses on Manzanita Beach, Coast Cabins Manzanita, Starfish Vacation Rentals, Ocean Inn Manzanita, Manzanita Inn, and many more Manzanita rentals and Manzanita Hotels. Or rent a yurt at Nehalem Bay State Park.
What's Manzanita weather like?
Manzanita weather is better than most expect. Manzanita averages 85 inches of rain per year, averages 135 sunny days per year. Check out our post detailing Manzanita weather.
Where is Manzanita Oregon?
Manzanita Oregon is located on the north Oregon Coast, 85.8 miles west of Portland Oregon, 25 miles south of Seaside Oregon, 13 miles south of Cannon Beach Oregon, and 25 miles north of Tillamook Oregon.
What are the things to do in Manzanita Oregon?
There are lots of things to do in Manzanita Oregon, including nearby activities. Outdoor activities include hiking, fishing, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, surfing, windsurfing, boogie boarding, biking, tennis, and more. Laid back activities include shopping, wine tasting, art galleries and art lessons, concerts and lectures.